Terms & Conditions
In confirming your request for a quotation you will need to tick the box indicating that you accept these terms and conditions. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to enter the quotation and purchase process for your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) via our Company.
How The Contract Is Formed Between You And Us
Our website and its associated services are only intended for use by individuals registered with ourselves and that are resident in United Kingdom.
You must own all rights, title and interests in any Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) that you send to us.
Ownership of the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) will pass to us when we receive the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s), in accordance with these terms and conditions, and we have dispatched payment to you, when, hence, a contract will be formed.
The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and continues to be binding thereafter despite changes in status of buyer and seller over time.
You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract. If this is the case then the Customer will be informed and given an option to either consent to such actions or remove themselves from the transaction. Any return of property in this case has the standard carriage and administrative charge applied. This Customer interaction only applies if the exchange of goods and payment for such goods has not completed.
You may cancel the contract with us at any time during the initial set up of the contract up to the time when the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) is collected by our carrier without any financial penalty. Once the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) has been collected by ourselves then the standard carriage and admin charge for return will apply.
This contract is governed by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations.
You have 7 working days after the day the contract was concluded to change your mind. If you change your mind you must notify us in writing stating that you wish to cancel the transaction. You may contact us either by letter mail or by e mail for this notification.
The contract was negotiated and concluded exclusively by means of distance communication (including but not limited to, telephone, letter, fax or e-mail) and when cancelling during the cooling-off period you need not provide any reason for your cancellation of the contract, nor will you have to pay any administration charges unless we have already collected your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s), in which case the aforementioned fee will be upheld which consists of return carriage charge and admin/handling fee.
Other than if the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) does not meet our terms and conditions (see below), this contract cannot be cancelled after you have sent your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) to us (outside the “cooling-off period”).
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ARE HAPPY TO SEND THE MAC(s) OR APPLE DEVICE(s) TO US AND THAT IT IS WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS TO DO SO.
By placing an order through our company, you warrant that:
- You are resident in United Kingdom; and
- You are accessing our site from that country; and
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract; and
- You are at least 18 years old; or
- If you are under 18 years of age, that you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent to sell your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) to us for the sum indicated via our email.
You and your parents or guardians release us of any liabilities or claims that may arise if you send the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) to us in breach of this warranty.
If you deal as a consumer any provision of this contract which is of no effect to a consumer shall not apply. Your statutory rights are not affected by this contract.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “consumer” means an individual who neither makes this contract in the course of a business, nor holds himself out as doing so, as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- You are authorized to act on behalf of the registered business; and
- You are based in United Kingdom; and
- You are accessing our site from that country; and
- You are legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
Mac(s) or Apple Device(s)
Each Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) sold should match the make and model in the sale order and meet the following conditions:
- The Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) must turn on and off.
- The Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) must be fully functional in as much as the keyboard will have all keys and the keyboard will be fully working. All connections including usb must function normally. Mouse pads/joysticks if present must work.
- The screen must be working and intact.
- The battery must be included, As well as the Power Supply unit.
- The Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) must not be crushed or water-damaged.
- The Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) are of UK specification.
- The battery must be included.
- The Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) must not be crushed or broken in half.
- All faults must be listed in the comments section of the submission form and the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) once received by us must match this description.
- By submitting an order through our site you warrant that the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) comply with these terms.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the appropriate Grade (A, B, C, D or E) has been chosen and accurately describes your device. The grade information is available during the quote process. If the device does not match up to the Grade you have specified, the quote is subject to change accordingly.
New: The computer or laptop on offer is brand new, never used and is in its original packaging.
Grade A: Excellent general condition and in perfect working order. No visible marks due to wear and tear.
Grade B: Good general condition, light scratches or some marks. There is not, however, any missing parts.
Grade C: Reasonably in good condition will have, however, scratches and possible dents. Where applicable, screens may have faint scratches not affecting normal use whatsoever.
Pressure marks on the screen that is barely noticeable to the user.
- Minor scuffs or marks on the screen but not affecting normal use.
- May have had security markings removed.
- May have a slightly faulty latch
Grade D: The computer or laptop cosmetic condition is damaged, but the item will still function normally. Will usually have a crack or noticeable dent. (NOT ALL THE FOLLOWING FAULTS WILL OCCUR, BUT IT MAY HAVE ONE OR TWO)
- Parts may be missing.
- May have cracks on plastic, usually around hinges.
- May have major scuffs or scratches on the screen.
- It may have cosmetic damages to the display bezel.
- The battery life is NOT guaranteed, but the computer or laptop will still hold a charge.
- May have had security marking removed by our technicians.
- Grade E: This computer or laptop would be damaged or faulty (non working). This is an item that is for Parts or Spares only.
If said Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) fail to meet our terms and conditions, we’ll propose an adjusted price by email. If you choose to decline our new offer, we are happy to return the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) as per point 2 of our Terms and Conditions. We have the final decision on all Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) values. Adjusted offers will await acceptance confirmation from the Customer.
Customers should contact us as soon as possible to notify us of their intentions but in accordance with the requirements of the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act, if we do not hear from you, (we will give you 14 days to respond) then the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) will be disposed of. If we sell the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) on to a third party, we will deduct our costs from the amount we receive, including administrative charges and any costs incurred including the initial carriage charge; if there is any profit this will be returned to you, also as per the requirements of the Act.
Prices offered on our quotation e mail are subject to change at any time without notice. Customer approval of new pricing will be sought before proceeding. Quotations received by the Customer are valid for 14 days after the date of the initial quotation. Should a quotation be responded to by a Customer after 14 days it may be that a re-quote has to take place due to changes in market pricing for Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) purchase.
We arrange collection of your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) via our contracted courier (DPD). It is the Customer’s responsibility to make sure the packing material is used correctly and their Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) is packed safely. If you have not packed with reasonable care, we cannot accept responsibility for the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) whilst in transit. We refer you to point 7 of these terms and conditions which also refers to losses in transit.
Registered deliveries should be sent to us Apple-Bay Ltd. t/a Cash4Mac:
Apple-Bay Limited t/a Cash4Mac
Unit J Linsford Business Park
We offer payment by Bank transfer.
When we receive your order, we will check that it is complete, and that it meets our terms and conditions. In some cases, it can take up to 4 weeks to process due to high volumes of incoming machines. Providing your machine is correct according to the information provided by the customer, we will post payment to you, by bank transfer, within 5 days (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays and weekends). Exceptions to this would be events that are out of our control.
Events Outside Of Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control or due to our compliance with any applicable laws or regulations.
1. You will be paid the exact amount quoted unless your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) is not as described, has undeclared damage or has been lost or damaged in transit. Please see our description links for details of acceptable wear and tear.
We call “wear and tear” when the machine had a reasonable use, for instance, any faint markings on the computer or laptop or just a slight wear on the keyboards keys.
“security markings” there are many occasions where we got the machines from huge corporations that mark with any security device their computers. As those companies have hundreds of them in their inventory. After they decommissioned from their inventory those security markings are scratched off. This, of course, doesn’t affect functionality in any way, but may reduce the aesthetic appearance of the computer or laptop.
“scuffs” we call it to a mark of the size of a 5p coin or thumbprint.
- If your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) is not as described or has undeclared damage we may offer you another quote or reject your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s). If you do not accept the new quote or your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) has been rejected you will have to pay a £34.00 fee which covers our losses for the collection, testing and return postage and packaging of your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s). This must be paid within 14 days of notice. Your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) will be held at our secure premises until payment is released.3. All payments are sent via bank transfer within 5 working days of receiving your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) unless in conflict with any other terms.4. If it is discovered that any goods supplied to us prove to be stolen then they will be automatically handed to the Police with all information held by us regarding the sender including their name and address. We will retain all URN numbers and receipts provided by the Police as proof of said handing over.
5. Apple-Bay Ltd t/a Cash4Mac Retain the right to cancel any quotation at any time. If there is a need to cancel the issued quotation whilst the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) are in transit to us, once they are received they will be returned to the sender at our cost. If there is a need to cancel a quotation once the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) has been received, due to an incorrect description or similar, a new quotation will be issued and we will await the Customer response before deciding what action to be taken.
6. If you miss the pre-booked courier collection date you will be charged a £8 failed collection fee per collection missed.
7. We use DPD as our contracted courier for the collection of your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s). By agreeing to have your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) collected by us you are agreeing to have DPD carry out that collection for you. Should something happen to your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) whilst in the care of DPD you accept that you will carry out a claim against their insurance to the value of our quotation for your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s).
8. Apple-Bay Ltd t/a Cash4Mac Take no responsibility for any additional defects or malfunction that may be discovered during our testing of your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) once received that may be over and above those defects and malfunctions listed by the Customer on the quotation form. Should additional defects or malfunctions be discovered, Apple-Bay Ltd t/a Cash4Mac Will either re-quote the Customer and will then await acceptance by the Customer; or, notify the Customer of the status of their Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) and quote £34 for the return of their Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) (each) which includes carriage and admin costs for the return.
9. Once you are paid for your Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) you give all ownership rights to Apple-Bay Ltd t/a Cash4Mac.
10. It is your responsibility to remove all personal data before we collect your equipment. Apple-Bay Ltd t/a Cash4Mac accept no responsibility for breaches of confidentiality relating to your data. All collected machines will be presumed to be clear of all personal information.
11. By accepting these terms and conditions you certify that you are the legal owner of the Mac(s) or Apple Device(s) and understand the consequences of any of the above terms.
REPLACEMENT CHARGERS/FAKE/NOT ORIGINAL or DAMAGED APPLE MAC CHARGERS
Please be aware that we do discount £25 (OF THE QUOTE SUBMITTED) for replacement/fake/not original or damaged chargers that are used in Apple Mac Computers (Laptops) as they damage the internal components of the Logic Board.